In an effort to get my bread laidened self off the couch, I attempted to organized my beading area. Yeah a good assessment of that would be “attempted” because let me tell you after dragging out all that crap, i had no desire to sift through it and organize it. I am super effective that way. So now instead of an organized craft cabinet (which is more like two craft cabinets since i have totally taken over the boys craft cabinet, but blame it on them anyways because who are we kidding M will never know), i now have a less-likely-to-explode-on-contact craft cabinet and tubs and bags of beads all over the place. Because with little children in the house THAT is the perfect place for them, on surfaces that they can not only see but reach as well. I am bucking for mother of the year over here folks. After abandoning all hope of getting anything reasonable done, the kids and i proceeded to irritate each other until all of us could go down for a nap. I like to think that these naps that i am semi-getting (not to forget that #4 has a way of sensing that i am about to do something like sleep or pee and begins demanding some attention RIGHT NOW OR I WILL WAKE THE OTHERS LADY!), are power boosters so my naps are significantly shorter than i would like, but in reality they are really the only thing that keep me functioning until the end of the day. What is sad is that i am getting more sleep now, then i will get when i return to work (next week people, oh the sadness) and return to the work all night, educate and love and feed children all day schedule that i left back in Feb. *sigh* i get tired just thinking about it. In fact i think i will go and take another nap, ehh who am i kidding i am going to bed because i honestly cannot think of much else to write and who really wants to read a bunch of nothing?
One last word before i go, for all of you bakers out there or not so much the baker, but lover of the baked goods, i am going to share a Pumpkin Bar recipe with you that is simple and easy and fantastic. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry and it was easy easy to whip up, M loved it and that is not something to be taken lightly. So enjoy and let me know how you liked them, I love to bake and eat.
Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
* 4 large eggs
* 1 2/3 cups white sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 6 ounces cream cheese
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Spread into prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner’s sugar.
9. Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.