I have to share the best carrot cake recipe i have ever come across in my life. Seriously people loved this cake and i am fairly certain anyone with taste buds will like it as well. The recipe comes from a member on Recipezaar. Here it is love in the form of carrots and sugar:
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 3/4||cups white sugar|
|1||cup vegetable oil|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2||cups shredded carrots|
|1||cup flaked coconut|
|1||cup chopped walnuts|
|1 (8||ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained|
|1 (8||ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|1/4||cup butter, softened|
|2||cups icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; make a well in the centre and add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.
- Pour into 9×13 inch pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Don’t panic, the centre will sink a little.
- Allow to cool; when cool, ice the cake.
- You can certainly use your favourite cream cheese frosting to ice this cake, but the one I’ve included is highly recommended .
- To make the frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth; add the icing sugar and beat until creamy.
Now i only did two things different, i used shredded baby carrots and i baked it in a Bundt pan. It added about 15 minutes to the cooking time. I will add also that it does get rather brown, but if you worry about the color put some tin foil over it about 30 minutes in.