I have been working with J on his homework from preschool. I have to admit that i am a bit confused on how to teach my child which hand he should chose to write with. My husband is left handed and i am right handed. So far both J and D use both hands when coloring and writing. Now i know that when kids are young they use both hands until they figure out which will be the dominant. To tell you the truth i am still working on that. My hand writing often times resembles a toddler’s.
So while we are working on the letter A for his homework he is struggling to pick which one he wants to use. Perhaps mommy should of spent more time coloring with J? In all honesty though i always was way more into the coloring than he was. I have done some research and in an effort to help him use the pencil instead of stabbing the paper to death I have found some activities to help him.
* Connect the Dots Pictures (these will be good for D too)
* Simple mazes that will help him with maneuvering the pencil/crayon
* Cut and Paste (this site has some simple cut and paste activities that are simple for kids at different levels)
* Trace the lines (this is the website my son’s preschool uses for activities at school)
* Preschool Express (has some great activities for moms and teachers to use)
Just as an FYI to any parents who have purchased the a Graco or Simplicity model crib this year. Several models have been recalled due to infant deaths and some children have become trapped in the gap. There is a list of the model #’s in recall in the article linked above.